Tuesday, May 27, 2008

IT'S BEEN AWHILE

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted last. It's was a crazy, mostly enjoyable, busy holiday weekend for us.
I'll start with Saturday...
We headed to the Poconos so that Gary could work on the plane with his dad. Frank (Gary's dad) purchased a kit plane and it finally arrived. For those of you that don't know what that is (I didn't know until they decided to do this) it's a plane that you build and then fly. I refer to it as an adult model car...just alot bigger.
And when I say you fly it, yes I mean you pilot it and take it up in the sky. Kind of scary...at least to me. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon Gary went right to work. I'm told they were building the tail. Didn't look like a tail to me but ok...it's a tail. Ty even "helped" the big kids with the plane. He helped to break down the crate that all the parts came in. I went out to the garage once (that's where they're building this thing) and Ty had a power tool in his hand...I went back inside. Here's some pics from their "project"...
All the parts...

"Men" at work...

I'm told this is the tail


Sunday...
The boys worked on the plane some more and then we left and drove to camp. Finally, my relaxing place. Interestingly enough there was a little excitement on the way. We were driving down the road and saw smoke up ahead. Then it was off to the side. I looked back when we passed it and Gary and I both said at about the same time "oh my that's a car on fire"...so we turned around. I couldn't let him keep going and not feel guilty. I'm glad we went back...the other bystandards had no phone...in this day and age who doesn't have a cell phone? So Gary called 911 to report it and they said that they had already received the call. We came to find out that the occupants of the car were already inside the church that was right there. That made me feel better knowing that everyone was out and safe. So, eventually we continued on our way. We finally made it to camp around 6:30pm. We enjoyed some outside time, it was beautiful!!! Even went for a walk...all of us. Tyler took the dog and it wore them both out. I love our campground. Most of the people really take pride in the sites and keep them nice. We're working on ours a little at a time. Saturday night we just relaxed., Ty went fishing for a little, and we played scrabble...well, Ty and Gary were playing then I started helping Ty and decided that I wanted to kick Gary's butt...ok, I lost. But it was kind of close. Here's some piectures (yes i know it's spelled wrong, Kim, that's for you)...from our walk and ty's fishing adventure...
An example of how nice some people keep their sites...

Walking down the one "road"

A view...

Trying to catch anything...

The cabins you can rent at our campground...they're right by the canal


Monday...
Happy Memorial Day
Today was busy. We decided to do some yard work on our site. This was the most physical labor I've done in a long time. We put top soil down, did up a flower pot, planted grass, put mulch down...I'm exhausted just thinking about all we did...Eventually in the evening we headed home from our exhausting weekend. The boys and the dog slept the whole way home...
The flower pot i planted...

Main landscaping we did...

Tyler has an obsession with campfires...


So that was our weekend. I love getting away but god am I exhausted. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I'll close this post with a pic of the loves of my life...my boys!

Blog sig Beth

No comments: