Sunday, May 25, 2008

FIELD DAY!!!

This past Friday was Tyler's 4th grade field day...his last one of elementary school...sobsob. As always it was complete chaos at the school. Although I did notice that there are not as many parents there for the 3rd and 4th graders as there are for the 1st and 2nd graders. Luckily 1st and 2nd grade goes in the am and 3rd and 4th grade goes in the pm. Tyler had a blast. Considering recess is his favorite time of day, and this is basically just a long recess, I wasn't suprised. He competed in 4 individual events. One of them being the 100 yard dash. He finished 3rd out of 18 kids...he was very proud of himself. I honestly can't tell you what his other events were...trying to find him was impossible...so we just kind of sat back and watched all the kids have fun...and I got a chance to visit with some people that I haven't seen in forever. At the end of their individual events all of the classes compete in a tug of war game. Each class goes against another class. I think it's more for the amusement of the parents. Tyler's class lost...oh well. Then they put the 3rd grade teachers against the 4th grade teachers. I think this is the highlight of the day for the kids. The 3rd grade teachers won. I did figure out that Ty is completely full of himself when it comes to the girls. Boy do they like Tyler. As the class was sitting with the teacher getting their station assignments...most of the girls were talking away to Ty...then a few of them were tapping him on the shoulder, smacking his back, etc...and of course we all know that this is how little girls flirt. Tyler just sat back with a huge grin on his face the entire time. Aggh...these little girls are soon gonna start to invade my little boy's life. I'm not ready for that...
The final 6 running for places in the 100 yard dash

Crossing the finish line 3rd!!!

Tug of war


And of course Ian enjoyed the day with us. He was a hit...everyone that passed us said "oh he's so cute"...I must say that I agree.
How cool is he?

Ian getting some mommy time

Blog sig Beth

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

Love the shades!! And so proud of Tyler - Mr. Ladies Man...you better watch OUT!