Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SAYING GOODBYE TO THE BIKE

Yes, it's true...Gary has sold his first true love...his bike. I really didn't think this would ever happen even though he's been talking about doing it for some time. I'll just say that craigs list is an amazing thing. Gary placed the ad on Thursday early in the morning and had a call by 9am. The guy came to look at the bike that afternoon and was interested immediately. It's bittersweet for both of us that the bike is gone. Gary LOVED his bike and I enjoyed going for long rides to Nissley Vineyards with him. We both just knew the "responsible" thing to do was to sell the bike. Having a baby put things in perspective for us. Eventually I think Gary will have another bike...but not for quite some time.
Here's my little tribute to Gary's "last ride"...these pics are from the day he sold it (Monday, July 14, 2008). He rode over to meet the guy that was buying it and do all the paperwork.
A last look...


In all his gear...

Almost ready to go...

He's thinking "what am I about to do?"

Off he goes...



Blog sig Beth

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

Aw, that was sad - I can only imagine how he feels. But also a very responsible thing to do - nice pics!