Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BOOKS FOR 2009

Yes I have a ton of Christmas pics to post but just really don't have the time for it right now...so that update will have to wait. For now I want to focus on something I love (but also don't seem to have much time for)...reading!
I'm really going to try to be more adamant about finishing books this year. Over the past two months I think I've started 4 books and haven't finished one of them... Either for lack of time or loss of interest in the book. I have now deleted my list from 2008 which I'm embarrassed to say only consisted of 14 books...but hey I don't think I started keeping track til the summer. Anyway, I'm going to start a new list for 2009. I wanted to set a goal for myself but I'm not sure what's realistic for me. My sister in law sets a goal of 50 books for the year...yep I think she's crazy :) I think I'll just see how many I can do and just set a goal to read more than 14 books. I will continue to review my reads on here. For past reviews click on the label "books" to the right on my blog. Here's what I need from my reader(s)...some suggestions of good books...HELP ME!
My fave book of 2008 was definitely "The Beach House" by Jane Green. Truly a great read that makes you feel like you are a part of the story.
First on my list for 2009 will be "Marley and Me". I'm not quite finished with it yet but I have read it before and absolutely love the book. Look for the review soon. I will say this right now...If you saw the movie and loved it then you need to read the book...it is so much better. (but I'll talk about that in another post).
Blog sig Beth

No comments: